QuickBooks Error 6000 is a very common error which you can face any time when you are going to open the QuickBooks company file. This error code can occur when your company file gets corrupted and your company file is missing from his right path. This error code also belongs to the QuickBooks Error 6000 series some of the errors are 6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 301, and 6000 832. QuickBooks Error code 6000 can occur due to any reason one of the most common problems is the incomplete or faulty installation of the QuickBooks application. In this blog, you will get all the details about this error code that occurs in your computer system and how you can fastly remove all the 6000 series error codes.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000
- You aren’t able to successfully installed your QuickBooks application.
- The installation file you have downloaded from the internet gets corrupted.
- Your Firewall isn’t giving full access to the QuickBooks application.
- Your QuickBooks .TLG file is missing, the wrong path, and corrupted.
- The connection of the network is wrongly configured.
- When multiple users access the same file at the same time then you can face the QuickBooks error 6000.
- You may also get to see QuickBooks Error code 6000 when you are going to restore the previous backup of your file.
- If your company file is stored in an unknown path the might get the error.
- Your company file gets damaged or corrupted due to any reason.
- The company file is struggling with the virus and malware.
- Your Antivirus Blocking the essential access to QuickBooks.
Solution To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000
The below-given solution is based on different causes. First, you need to find out why you get the QuickBooks error 6000 then you can fastly choose the right solution and remove the error code. If you are not able to find out the cause of QuickBooks Error code 6000 then you need to apply all the solutions in the ascending order.
Solution 1: Configure the Firewall and Antivirus Software.
- Firstly you need to open your QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Then you need to visit the “Port Monitor” tab and then choose your “QuickBooks version”.
- Make sure you have noted the “Firewall Port” number.
- The go into the “Windows Firewall” and then choose the advanced setting.
- Here you need to Right-click on the “Inbounds” option and here you need to choose the “New Rule”
- Then click the “Port” and then “Next”.
Solution 2: Restoring the BackUp
You can easily restore the backup copy of your company file and you can do this by following the below-given points.
- Firstly open your company file.
- Then you need to choose the “File”
- After that, you need to go into the “Utilities”
- If you found the multi-user access is on then you must have to be off this.
- Then you need to give the new name to your company include which includes less than 210 characters long.
Solution 3: Open the company file from a different location
Sometimes your company file path gets wrong then your QuickBooks software unable to find out the company file then it shows the QuickBooks Error 6000 on the computer screen.
In that case, you can copy your company file and paste on the Desktop or some location which is suitable for you. Then try to open your QuickBooks software with different company file locations.
Solution 4: Rename the .ND and .TLG Files
- Firstly you need to open your company file location.
- Then you need to search for the company file which you want to fix.
- Now you need to find the .ND and .TLG extension file.
- Once you get the right-click on them and change the extension of the file.
- Now you need to add the .OLD extension in the place of .ND and .TLG.
- Then you need to reopen your QuickBooks software and login into the software that time you will not get the QuickBooks Error 6000 code.
Solution 5: Download and Install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
This tool is basically made to fix all the types of problem which is related to the company file. If your company file is damaged then It will help you to fix the corrupt file in a single click.
- First, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official site of the Intuit.
- Then you need to install the QuickBooks File Doctor on your computer.
- Once you successfully installed then you need to open it then Run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
QuickBooks Error 6000 mostly occurs when your QuickBooks software unable to access your company file. There may be different reasons behind this cause. You can easily able to solve this error code by running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool into your computer system If you don’t get the solution from the QFD tool then you need to follow the above-given solutions.