QuickBooks is very famous to register all the types of transaction reports and data from different organizations. But you may get the QuickBooks Error 6123 when you are trying to update your company file for unable the restore backup, you also may get to see this QuickBooks Error code 6123 at the time of opening the company file from the network server and you may also face the QuickBooks Error 6123 0 when you are restoring the backup. But you don’t worry about this error in this article we will cover all the information about the error 6123 and we will also discuss what are the steps you should take when you are getting this error code.
Causes of QuickBoos Error 6123
- You are restoring the company file any external storage device.
- Your network connection is a week on the host server.
- Sometimes company file get corrupted and damaged
- Sometimes your Firewall doesn’t give access to QuickBooks to open your company data file.
- If you have installed any McAfee Antivirus service then it interrupts the QuickBooks Desktop services.
- Due to a huge virus, your windows have been damaged.
- If you have added any special characters in the QuickBooks company file name then you get the QuickBooks Error 6123.
The solution to fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Solution 1: No Special characters are allowed in Quickbooks company file name
- You need to check the name of your company file and ensure that it doesn’t include any special characters.
- Your company file name must be 30 characters long or less.
- QuickBooks company file doesn’t allow any spaces.
Solution 2: Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tools.
- When we use a single company file for a big period of time then the chances of the damage are increased. If your company file is damaged and you want to repair your company file with putting huge effort then you need to download and run the QuickBooks file doctor.
- You need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool by visiting the official site of the Intuit once it gets downloaded then you need to install in your computer by simply accepting the term and conditions.
- Then you have to browse your company file and then tap on the”Check the file damage”.
- Then you need to choose the “Diagnose File”.
- After you have them write down the “Admin Password” and hit the “ok” key.
- Now you need to choose the “Open File in Newer Version” and “Repair File in the existing version”.
- Then you need to follow the instructions and then “Reboot” your computer system.
Solution 3: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- First, you need to close all the windows including QuickBooks.
- Then you need to visit the official site of the QuickBooks and download the “QuickBooks Tool Hun” file. and save this file according to your choice of place so the next time you can easily find out.
- Then go inside the downloaded folder and tap on the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”.
- Then you need to simply follow the instruction and agree with all the terms and conditions.
- When the installation of these tools is finished. Then you need to open QuickBooks tools hub by clicking on twice.
Solution 4: Run your QuickFix my Program
- First, you need to open your QuickBooks Tools Hub and then choose the “Program problems”.
- After that you need to choose the “QuickFix my Program” It will take a little bit of time, now you need to wait to finish the progress bar.
- When the processing of QuickFix my program is over then you need to open the QuickBooks application and check that you are getting the QuickBooks Error 6123 or not.
Solution 5: Rename the file extension .ND and .TLG File
- Firstly open you’re the folder that contains your company file.
- Then you need to find out the .ND and .TLG file.
- Once by one right-click on the .ND and .TLG file.
- Choose the option of “Rename”.
- Then Rename the “.ND” file to “.ND.OLD”.
- In the same, you need to change the name of the .TLG file into “.TLG.OLD”.
- Now you need to open your company file.
Solution 6: Create a New Window User
- If your Current “Windows User Login” is corrupted then you need to follow the given steps.
- You need to visit the “Control panel” and the go inside the “Create New User”.
- Now you need to choose the “Administrator” for user type.
- Then you need to “Logout” from the existing account.
- Then open your QuickBooks application and signup and login with new credentials.
- After that, move your company file into the “Desktop”.
Solution 7: Access the company file from Different location
If you are unable to open your company file then you need to try to access your company file from the different locations.
Solution 8: Temporary Disable Antivirus
Sometimes your antivirus becomes a big problem in between the QuickBooks. In that case, you need to disable your antivirus temporarily and try to open the QuickBooks company file. Once you get rid of Quickbooks Error 6123 then you need to enable your antivirus program.
QuickBooks Error 6123 has mostly come at the time of accessing the company file. To resolve the QuickBooks Error 6123 0 you have to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool if your problem still exist then you need to follow the above-given solutions.