QuickBooks Error 404 appears at that time when QuickBooks application can’t be able to complete his update and not able to sync the QuickBooks data with Inuit server and suddenly you get to see the QuickBooks Error code 404 on your computer screen.
If your QuickBooks is unable to connect with the Intuit server then your QuickBooks software unable to receive, send and download the information from the Intuit server. It is also called “QB update Error 404” because this error when you are required to download the new update then your QuickBooks application needs to connect with the Intuit server and the connection gets failed and shows the error 404 on your computer screen.
Whenever your QuickBooks need to connect with the Inuit server and the communication gets failed with server and application for example- Installing of QuickBooks application need to download some internal or external files then QuickBooks connect with the Intuit server and sync the data.
Whenever, you get any error in QuickBooks software then you need to find out the problem which causes the error and then you need to move on to the solution.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 404
- When you are making a request to the Intuit server and server is not responding.
- The sever and the page isn’t able to sync.
- You have downloaded the incomplete or corrupt file or you aren’t able to successfully installed the application.
- If you do installation and uninstallation of the QuickBooks software more then two times then the chance of corruption in the Windows registry arises and that case the QuickBooks Error 404.
- If your computer system is full of Virus and Malware that damage the Windows system files and arise the error code.
- When you do any other installation and you give them permission to change that delete the QuickBooks necessary files.
- The new update unable to download then you get the QuickBooks Error.
- The system and the bandwidth latency are the kingpins the arise the QuickBooks Error code 404.
QuickBooks Error 404 solutions to fix it
Solution 1: Verify the Internet connection setting of your Browser
- Firstly you need the open the frequently opened website in your web browser.
- If you get to see any type of lag in opening the URL internet settings. Then “Refresh” the setting and again try to open it.
- If you get the same prompt like “Page Can’t be Displayed” or “Connect to the Internet”. In that case, you need to turn your router or internet connection “Off” and “On”. Then try again to open the “URL”.
- If the URL still not able to open, then you should contact your ISP.
- After that, you need to be “Restart” your computer system.
and then open your internet explorer and set as internet explorer as your default browser.
Solution 2: Tweak your computer internet setting
- Firstly open your Internet Explorer into your computer system.
- Then you need to visit the “Tools” and then choose the “Internet Options”.
- After, that you need to go inside the “Security” tab and choose the “Trusted Sites” and click the sites.
- Here you need to add “Intuit.com” and “.QuickBooks.com” as your trusted sites.
- Now you have to “close” and press ”ok”.
- Then you need to be “log off” from your company file and then “Restart” your computer system.
- Now you need to open your QuickBooks by login into your company file. If you still get the same QuickBooks Error 404 then you need to be move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Update or Repair QuickBooks Application
- Firstly you need to be login into your QuickBooks application and then go to the “Help” menu.
- Here you need to choose the “update QuickBooks Desktop” and then wait to complete the update.
- Then you need to cut the QuickBooks tab when your update gets successfully.
- After that, you need to open the company file and then you need to try again to perform the same steps where you get the Quickbooks Error 404.
- If you are getting the same error code then you need to apply the Quickbooks Repairing steps.
- Press “Windows+r” together.
- Then a search box will appear where you need to type “Appwiz.cpl” and hit the “Enter”.
- Then you get to see the list of installed programs here you need to choose the “Repair” option.
- Once you clicked on the Repair it will take some time to finish the repair.
- Once the processing gets complete then you need to “Restart” your computer and check for the error.
Solution 4: Reconfigure System Setting
- Firstly you need to sign out from your company file and close all the running programs into your computer system.
- Then you have to “Update your Windows” and then restart your computer system.
- After that, open your Internet Explorer and go inside the “Tools”>”Internet Option”.
- Then you have to visit the “Advance tab” and select the “Setting”.
- Here you need to find out the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 if it is missing the click the “Ok”.
- End all your active programs.
- Now you need to be press the “Widow+R” key simultaneously then a small box appears where you need to type the “MSConfig” and hit the “Ok”.
- Then you need to go inside the “System”>” General”.
- Go to the “Startup” and select the “Startup programs” and then hit the “Ok”.
- Restart your computer and check the Quickbooks Error 404 has been fixed.
Solution 5: Scan Virus and Malware
- Firstly open your installed “Antivirus” program.
- Hit on the scan icon and scan your machine.
- If you find any Virus and Malware then remove it.
QuickBooks Error 404 occurs when your QuickBooks Application can’t be able to send and receive the data with the Intuit server. This error is mostly coming at the update time that why it is QuickBooks Update Error 404. You can solve this 404 error using the above-given solutions.